Join our Team
RedMarlin is a rapidly growing startup working at the intersection of cybersecurity and AI to solve hard problems at web scale.
How we work
Satisfied customers > Perfect code
We're out to solve real problems for real people, not to write slick code or play with the hippest frameworks. We spend a lot of time thinking through how to build new features, but the goal is always for the implementation to be maintainable, not for it to be "pure."
Diversity of thought > GroupThink
A big idea starts in one person's head. We make sure he or she has the space to develop it into a fully-articulated thought before we iterate on it as a group. No brainstorming, no design-by-committee -- these produce watered-down initiatives and incremental ideas.
Writing > Talking
Instead of sitting in meetings, we develop our ideas in writing, asynchronously. Written proposals encourage clearer thought and more thorough deliberation. Our plans are always documented and iterated over frequently.
Joking > Being serious
We love silly jokes and pranks. Have that funny video or embarrassing story to share? We all are waiting to enjoy it!
Explore the opportunities
Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)Mountain View
As a senior engineer in Full stack, you will be a technical leader who will be responsible for design, building high volume data ingestion software systems and services. Services and features you work on that can easily be modified and expanded to adapt to new usage patterns and customer needs. As a founding member of the engineering team, you will work on the tech stack that will touch 1000+ brands and build an environment that will ingest multi terabytes of data per day. The team is highly autonomous and flexible to work on whichever projects that you think will help contribute to our team’s and company’s growth goals.
- Develop frontend and backend components for Red Marlin’s threat analysis system
- Work with designers and product managers to deliver a scalable threat analysis and AI based anti phishing system
- Work closely with Data Scientists, ML engineers and Data Ingestion System engineers
- CS degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with web API frameworks in Java, Python, Node.js
- Experience developing and owning front-end projects using MVC frameworks such as Angular.js, Backbone.js, React, or equivalent
- Experience building and releasing web services with clearly documented and versioned APIs using a service-oriented architecture
Software ArchitectMountain View
As a software architect, you will be responsible for the end-to-end design and development of the cloud services that multiple companies will use to protect their brand security. We are looking for rock star engineers that can design to scale and provide expert insights into design ideas and probable flaws. We love developing designs in agile and iterate fast. Ability to think in terms of product features and how they translate to software components will be a great skill to have.
- Architect the backend AI services for RedMarlin
- Build a scalable service oriented backend system to run RedMarlin’s AI analysis engine
- Decide the work break down and lead development efforts for Data Layer scalability
- CS degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience building web scale data ingest and analysis systems
- Knowledge of multi threaded programming
- Ability to rapidly prototype and run an agile team
- Browser plugin development for Firefox and Chrome
- Nice to have skills and knowledge: Kubernetes, Load testing, Google App Engine, data visualization tools (Google Stackdriver, Prometheus, Grafana, etc)